Student Protection Plan
Schedule of Insurance Coverage and Other Non-insurance Services
These are NET RATES, only to be used when purchasing for ALL travelers. The rates cannot be marked up and all marketing must be pre-approved prior to Group registration.
General Limitations And Exclusions
Insurance benefits are not payable for any loss due to, arising or resulting from: 1. Suicide, attempted suicide or any intentionally self- inflicted injury of you, a traveling companion, family member or business partner booked to travel with you, while sane or insane; 2. An act of declared or undeclared war; 3. Participating in maneuvers or training exercises of an armed service, except while participating in weekend or summer training for the reserve forces of the United States, including the National Guard; 4. Riding or driving in races, or speed or endurance competitions or events; 5. Mountaineering (engaging in the sport of scaling mountains generally requiring the use of picks, ropes, or other special equipment); 6. Participating as a member of a team in an organized sporting competition; 7. Participating in bodily contact sports, skydiving or parachuting, hang gliding or bungee cord jumping; 8. Piloting or learning to pilot or acting as a member of the crew of any aircraft; 9. Being intoxicated, or under the influence of any controlled substance unless as administered or prescribed by a legally qualified physician; 10. The commission of or attempt to commit a felony or being engaged in an illegal occupation; 11. Normal childbirth or pregnancy (except complications of pregnancy) or voluntarily induced abortion; 12. Dental treatment (except as coverage is otherwise specifically provided); 13. Amounts which exceed the maximum benefit amount for each coverage as shown in the schedule of benefits; 14. Due to a pre-existing condition, as defined in the policy. The pre-existing condition limitation does not apply to the emergency medical evacuation or return of remains coverage; 15. Medical treatment during or arising from a trip undertaken for the purpose or intent of securing medical treatment; 16. A mental or nervous condition, unless hospitalized for that condition while the policy is in effect for you; 17. Due to loss or damage (including death or injury) and any associated cost or expense resulting directly from the discharge, explosion or use of any device, weapon or material employing or involving chemical, biological, radiological or similar agents, whether in time of peace or war, and regardless of who commits the act and regardless of any other sequence thereto.
The following limitation applies to trip Cancellation:
- All cancellations must be reported directly to the Travel Supplier within 72 hours of the event causing the need to cancel, unless the event prevents it, and then as soon as is reasonably possible.
- If the cancellation is not reported within the specified 72-hour period, the Company will not pay for additional charges, which would not have, been incurred had You notified the Travel Supplier in the specified period.
- If the event prevents you from reporting the cancellation, the 72-hour notice requirement does not apply; however, you must, if requested, provide proof that said event prevented him or her from reporting the cancellation within the specified period.
Additional Limitations and Exclusions Specific to Baggage and Personal Effects:
- Benefits are not payable for any loss caused by or resulting from: breakage of brittle or fragile articles; wear and tear or gradual deterioration; confiscation or appropriation by order of any government or custom’s rule; theft or pilferage while left in any unlocked or unattended vehicle; property illegally acquired, kept, stored or transported; your negligent acts or omissions; or property shipped as freight or shipped prior to the scheduled departure date; or electrical current, including electric arcing that damages or destroys electrical devices or appliances.
Purchase up to final Trip Payment for Pre-Existing Condition Waiver!
The Pre-Existing Condition Exclusion will be waived if the protection plan is purchased before final trip payment for the trip, for the full non-refundable cost of the trip and the booking for the covered trip is the first and only booking for this travel period and you are not disabled from travel at the time you pay the premium This document contains highlights of the plan. The Plan contains insurance benefits underwritten by the United States Fire Insurance Company. Fairmont Specialty and Crum & Forster are registered trademarks of United States Fire Insurance Company. The Crum & Forster group of companies is rated A (Excellent) by AM Best Company 2015. The Plan also contains non insurance Travel Assistance Services that are provided by an independent organization, OnCall International, and not by United States Fire Insurance Company or Travel Insured International. Review the Plan Document for complete terms, including benefits, conditions, limitations and exclusions that apply. The Plan Document will be provided to you by your travel supplier upon purchase of the plan. Coverages may vary and not all coverage is available in all jurisdictions.
Details of Coverage
Restrictions apply – see plan documents for complete coverage details.
Details of Coverage
Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption
Provides reimbursement up to your full, prepaid, non-refundable trip cost when you are forced to cancel or interrupt due to:
• Unforeseen sickness, accidental injury or death, which occurs before departure. (Certain exclusions apply)
• Being hijacked, quarantined, or having to serve on a jury or appear as a witness in court;
• Fire, flood, burglary or other natural disaster at your primary place of residence or destination;
• A documented theft of passports or visas;
• Being directly involved in a traffic accident while en route to your scheduled point of departure;
• Bankruptcy or default of an airline or cruise line;
• Strike that causes a complete stop of services for at least 18 consecutive hours;
• Inclement weather that causes a complete stop of services for at least 18 consecutive hours;
• Being the victim of a felonious assault within 10 days of the scheduled departure date;
• A terrorist incident*
• Your host being unable to accommodate you due to their death or life threatening illness/injury.
* Terrorist incident must occur within 30 days of your scheduled departure date in a city listed on the itinerary of your trip. This same city must not have experienced a terrorist incident within the 90 days prior to the terrorist incident that is causing your cancellation of your trip. Benefits are not provided if the travel supplier offers a substitute itinerary;
Reimburses up to $150 per day when you are delayed en route to or from the covered Trip for 6 or more hours. Covered expenses include:
• Prepaid, unused, non-refundable land and water accommodations;
• Local transportation to join the trip;
• Reasonable additional expenses incurred for meals and lodging.
Reimburses up to $500 in unplanned expenses to rejoin your trip when a 3- hour common carrier delay causes you to miss a cruise or tour departure. Expenses include reasonable accommodations, meal expenses, and nonrefundable payments for the unused portion of your cruise or trip. Coverage will not be provided to individuals who are able to meet their scheduled departure but cancel their trip due to inclement weather.
Reimburses for loss, theft, or damage to Baggage and Personal Effects up to the maximum benefit. Receipts are required for reimbursement.
Baggage Delay (Outward Journey Only):
Reimburses for expenses of necessary personal effects, if your checked Baggage is delayed or misdirected for more than 24 hours from the time you arrive at the destination stated on the ticket, except travel to final destination or your place of residence.
Emergency Accident and Sickness Medical Expense:
Up to $25,000 to cover treatment costs when accident or illness strikes during the trip. Covered medical expenses are necessary services and supplies which are recommended by the attending physician. They include, but are not limited to:
• Services of a physician;
• Charges for hospital confinement and use of operating rooms; charges for anesthetics (including administration);
• X-ray examinations or treatments, laboratory tests; ambulance service; and drugs, medicines, prosthetic and therapeutic services and supplies.
Emergency Medical Evacuation/Repatriation:
Up to $100,000 to transport you to nearest treatment by U.S. standards and return you home when able to fly. All transportation must be authorized and arranged by the assistance company.
Non-Insurance Worldwide Emergency Assistance Services
The non-insurance Travel Assistance feature provides a variety of travel related services. Some of the services offered include:
- Medical or legal referral;
- Hospital admission guarantee;
- Translation service;
- Lost Baggage retrieval;
- Inoculation information;
- Passport / visa information;
- Emergency cash advance;
- Prescription drug / eyeglass replacement;
- Bail bond.